I haven’t made these for so long, I can’t even remember the last time! I used to make them a lot, before I started working on weekends… but Fathers Day last Sunday called for something a bit special. So I trolled through my recipe folder (which is quite big these days) and found this recipe, all stained and much loved. We made them together – and they were just DELICIOUS!!
High in protein, and with the added goodness of fruit, these pancakes are naturally sweet, so there is no need for added sugar, and very filling!
Enjoy my wholefoods take on traditional ‘pancakes’.
(makes 10 small pancakes)
- 3 large ripe (or slightly over ripe) bananas
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil OR 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking (depends on your preference and taste!)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- For serving – either lashings of pure maple syrup OR natural yogurt OR, my favourite – both!
1. Mash the bananas with a fork and place in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add eggs and coconut and wisk all together
3. Add blueberries and stir through.
4. Heat the oil in the pan to a medium heat (not too hot!) and use about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
5. Serve with natural yogurt, maple syrup and some extra coconut.1