I made this for my baby girl on the weekend as she just loves feeding herself, and (as well as being packed full of goodness) this Zucchini Slice has a great texture and consistency for little hands and little taste buds.
I might add that this is also yummy for mummy and daddy too with a side salad, you may want to season with salt and pepper and add some more cheese before cooking.
- 5 eggs
- 2 zucchini grated
- 1-2 carrots grated
- 1 cup of sweetcorn
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- 1 medium sized can of salmon in olive oil (salmon broken up) OR equivalent of fresh salmon (Note – this can be substituted for finely shredded roast chicken)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
* you can substitute and veggies that you have left over or that your little ones particularly like, just make sure they are grated or very finely chopped.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees if fan forced) and line a leamington tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Add all ingredients except the flour and stir thoroughly.
3. Add flour and stir through.
4. Pour into lamington tray and bake for 30 – 40 mins in the oven, until the top is nice and brown…
5. Cool, slice into ‘fingers’. Some can be wrapped in glad wrap and frozen.
Enjoy watching them eat it, smear it and pull it apart to get the bits they want!